This is the top of my Mammaw's mantle (AKA her grand piano). A little bit of backstory: Whenever I visit her in Gruver, TX, I am always complaining that my cousins, who are all boys, are always featured in picture frames around her house where there are not as many pictures of me. I usually attribute it to the fact that all of them grew up in Texas where I was the lone Seattleite, not to mention the only girl (until Reilly was born, 11 years after me). I would only get to visit Gruver during the summers, whereas they got to live there. I was (and still am) quite jealous of them!It's such a great little town, only a little over 1,000 people but tons of character. It's the most magical and quaint place I've ever been to...the kind of place where everyone knows eachother and there's only one stoplight. My family has lived there for 3 generations, and my cousins still live in the same house that my great-grandfather and great-grandmother built themselves. I have taken Lars there twice and he loves it as much as I do! I could go on and on about Gruver, it deserves a post to itself!
Well, it looks like my face can now be found on the mantle, next to all of the other graduates: Matt, Mason and Miles! Thanks Mammaw! I love you :)
P.S. Nathan, Landry and Reilly are next!
No comments:
Post a Comment