There is a guy walking on the sidewalk past my window right now, playing the bagpipes. No particular reason. I guess he just feels like today is a "Braveheart" kind of day! :)
This week was not a great one. I was overloaded with homework. I also had my last day with the kindergarteners (it was sad to know that I probably won't ever see them again) and taught my first classroom lesson, but it didn't get very high remarks from my mentor teacher. In fact, it was sort of a disaster. I couldn't get the classroom under control and she said that my lesson was confusing. And yesterday I had a job interview for a job that I really wanted, and it was sort of a disaster also (I couldn't relax and I was blushing out-of-control), and I found out this morning that I didn't get the job, even though I really need one right now. This is all on top of on-going family issues.
But I have so many blessings that I continue to count, even when I feel like a complete failure. A roof over my head, food to eat, wonderful friends that care about me and are rooting for me, and a boyfriend who is the biggest source of encouragement in my life and always points my gaze back to where it should be: on God and the fact that he'll always provide for me and love me.
This week was a perfect time to remember one of my favorite quotes:
"For those that don't belong to God, this world is as close to heaven as they're ever going to get. But for those who do, this world is as close to hell as they're ever going to get."
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment