I am living now at the Las Casas dorm at the West Campus. I am totally not used to this area. It is a completely foreign world to me. I'm used to Scottsdale/North Phoenix/Cave Creek and now I'm in Glendale/Peoria. It will take me awhile to get acclimated to these surroundings. Luckily, I already have many friends who live on this side of the valley, friends who are willing to pick me up and take me places so that I can get out of the dorms, which has been great:)
I went on a Target shopping spree today with my friend Michelle. Nothing major, just a few t-shirts and a bathing suit. And afterwards we ate at chick-fil-a! I will never stop loving that place :)
The job front is looking promising. Although I was denied for the last job that I interviewed for, I got an e-mail recently from a lady that wants to hire me as a desk assistant on campus! So I am just waiting for a reply e-mail.
It is so nice having my own kitchen, now! I bought some white"squircle" shaped plates at the dollar store, and some plastic tumblers from Target that were on sale. Together with donations from the host family that Lars is living with (a rolling pin, a strainer, some measuring cups and spoons), as well as donations from his mom (a toaster, a blender, extra silverware), I am on my way to having a fully functioning kitchen! Although, I have to admit, it is a bit of a bummer to have to share it with strangers...my roommate sometimes has people over and they use it, too. I am looking forward to the day I have my own apartment, far and away from university housing. Don't get me wrong, though, I am very grateful and blessed to be in the housing situation that I am. It's definitely bigger than my last dorm at Taylor Place!
Even though I moved in 3 days ago, I still have some unpacking to do. I am looking forward to going to a church talent show on Friday that Lars is involved with, and I am also super stoked for one of my good friend's weddings on Saturday! I <3 weddings!
yay yay! And like I said if you don't want someone to use your stuff, hide it ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's fun getting use to a new side of town! Even if I live in "south las vegas" haha
Good advice! I <3 you, babe :)
ReplyDelete