6.13.2010

Food Love.

I'm realizing that this might as well be a food blog, because this summer my main hobby has become cooking/baking and I post pictures of what I make on practically every post. Today is no exception. I wanted to show you the results of the "gourmet" dinner that Lars and I made together for our 3-year celebration. Rather than going out somewhere expensive, we went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on yummy groceries.We had asian-style marinated chicken breasts with an apple, carrot and pomegranate seed spinach salad that he made, and of course some sweet tea :)
And yesterday I experimented with making flat bread, which I like to call "bible bread" because it's the ingredients that people have been using for thousands of years to make bread: yeast, flour, olive oil, and salt. And a tiny dash of sugar. That's it. I love the simplicity of it.


I made the little indentations with my fingers right before popping it in the oven. It gives it some rustic appeal.
And what posting about home-made bread would be complete without a low-quality snapshot of the chef eating her creation?

There, now I can go to bed :)

1 comment:

  1. You, Lindsay Girl, are a funny bunny rabbit!

    ReplyDelete