Today I moved to another room within my dorm building. Down the hall, down the elevator 1 floor, across the skybridge...I made this trip about 50 times today as I moved all of my stuff from one room to the other. Moving is exhausting business, I tell ya. Not only is there the physical exhaustion of heaving everything you own to a new location (actually, I used a grocery cart that was sitting in the parking lot), but there's the emotional exhaustion of leaving a place that you've gotten so familiar and used to. Even though I only lived there for 3 months, I really liked my old setup and so it is strange looking out the window and seeing a different view.
I am the only one here so far. My other roommates haven't arrived yet. It's nice being able to relax and set up the place without worrying about everyone seeing the messy process of it.
In a way, moving is very thrilling. The sense of moving on to a new place inspires you to shake things up a bit, to get rid of things you don't use or don't need, and to rearrange your life while you have the perspective to do so. I have done a lot of moving in the last 4 years (11 times if you count moves between rooms in the same building). So it's a good thing I enjoy it, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment