...until I marry my best friend.
I have been really horrible about posting. But in my defense, I have been so darn tootin' busy between school, work and planning a wedding that this has lowly blog has been the last thought on my mind.
So here's what has happened in the last 3 months:
*Finished up Block 2 of my teaching program
*Moved into a new apartment
*Went to Seattle to visit my folks
*Had a bridal shower thrown in my honor
*Started block 3 of my teaching program
Each one of these things could be giant posts within themselves, but I'll pick the "new apartment" thread to elaborate upon. After a dreadful semester living at the dorms, I became so fett up that I refused to live there for one more millisecond. Having roommates sucks. I begged Lars to help me move out to an apartment, and considering that an apartment is actually cheaper than the dorms, it was a no-brainer. I checked out of the dorms for good (after 2 1/2 years of living there, it was about time), and moved into my apartment the week before Christmas. Lars and I had a fabulous time at IKEA, and got some great furniture to fill the space: The canopy bed of my dreams, a modern white couch, a matching coffee table and end table, a lamp and a dining room set. We still need to go back and get the remaining two chairs, a patio set and maybe another lamp. But I digress.
Life as an apartment dweller has been simply awesome. I totally missed the ability to sing in the shower, walk around in my underwear (shades closed, of course) and make as big of a mess in the kitchen as I want to (as long as I clean it up within a reasonable amount of time). These are all simple joys in life that I forgot even existed! Plus, I have so much space it's ridiculous. I can't wait until I share the space with my HUSBAND. Aaaah, that will be the life!
Until then, I will be planning planning planning for the wedding like crazy!
Yay for apartment!! And it will only get better with your husband. You can both run around in your underwear together...or nothing at all, whatever you prefer! ;) That is the best!! So excited for you and so excited for your wedding.
ReplyDelete