3.01.2010

My Cooking Creations

I'm obsessed with cooking and baking. I love to see the finished product, but even more I love to be able to spend hours in the kitchen with my family, taste testing and maneuvering around the kitchen, and eventually pulling everything together just in time. It keeps my hands busy and unlike arts and crafts, everyone usually appreciates the end product...because it's FOOD that they can EAT!

Here are some of the things that I made over winter break (sorry for the poor resolution, these are cell phone pics):


Cinnamon rolls before.......


And after (no frosting yet).....

Can't you just smell the cinnamon-y, ginger-y, clove-y goodness?! I made the dough from scratch, with yeast and everything! Each cinnamon roll was so big and so sweet, that I could only eat one! Recipe at : http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/05/overnight-cinnamon-rolls.html



And now for some scrumptious gingerbread men....
Seriously, the best ones I've ever had. Recipe at: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/12/gingerbread-cookies.html

I made these Stuffed Bleu Cheese Potatoes for Christmas Dinner...
They were DIVINE! I ate 3! Recipe at: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/03/stuffed-bleu-cheese-potatoes.html

Cashew Sweet and Sour Pork. Yum.....
We used edamame instead of snow peas and it still turned out great! Recipe at: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/04/cashew-sweet-and-sour-pork.html

And last but not least, and possibly my favorite....
STUFFED PIZZA ROLLS! These are the first recipe I ever tried from ourbestbites.com and since then I have made them multiple times! You can fill them with any pizza toppings you like and then dip them in marinara sauce! I made this particular batch at the dorm kitchen. Recipe at: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/06/stuffed-pizza-rolls.html

Here is Lars enjoying one...

Honestly, I was never a fan of cooking AT ALL until I stumbled upon Our Best Bites, so check them out! I even have a link on my sidebar! No, they don't pay me to advertise for them ;) I just really love their recipes and their descriptions of each step, as well as the pictures! I don't think I'll ever need a cookbook as long as they're around.

2 comments:

  1. But hey, maybe we SHOULD pay you to advertise! You're my new favorite person! haha. Seriously, I love the pics, and I love that you're finding yummy recipes to make from our site. You're so awesome- thanks so much for sharing!!

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made my day by commenting! :) Thank you Sara!

    ReplyDelete