3.21.2010

Spring Break 2010

It's been a long time since I last posted, but I've had good excuses! I had a lot of homework and projects prior to spring break that took up a lot of time. And once spring break started, I hardly even touched my computer! :)
Here were some of the highlights of my spring break:

1) I stayed at Lars' parents house for the first 6 days of break. Alas, I have no pictures. We mostly just lounged around the house in our PJ's, eating and watching shows on their GIANT new High Definition TV screen. We also made a few trips to Costco, Sprouts, and Target! His parents are so nice and so generous to let me stay with them for so long :) Also, during this time I got my haircut for free at Kohler Academy, a local beauty school. One of my friends was having her test-outs (final exams before you can move on to the next level). Below are the results. She did a great job!

2) On Thursday night, my mom and brother arrived from Seattle! I was sooo excited to see them and to show them my dorm and all the different changes since they were last in Phoenix 2 years ago! They only had 2 full days here, but we crammed in as many fun things as we could! Lars was with us for most of our adventures :) Here's a glimpse at what we did.

FRIDAY

(10 am) We waited in line at Matt's Big Breakfast. The boys didn't feel like posing for pictures, hence this picture. HAHA.

(12 pm) Lars and Nathan playing with the fountains at the park. It was a beautiful day!

(2pm) We decided to hop on the lightrail and head to Tempe. After some shopping on Mill Ave, we went to Mojo Yogurt. It was my mom's first time going there!

(3 pm) We went to Tempe Town Lake!
(3:30pm) And the Tempe Center for the Arts! (Below are Nathan's awesome photography skills).

(4pm) We walked to the very end so we could see the "waterfall" that has resulted from all of the rain we have gotten in PHX lately. Before this was a dry riverbed and now it's a raging river!

SATURDAY

First we got a rental car, and then we went to the West Campus so my mom could see where I'll be living next year. She seemed to really like the campus, and the apartments! Unfortunately I have no pictures of that. Then we went to Chick-fil-a, which my mom was craving since they don't have them in washington!

(4:30 pm) We got a yogurt parfait, yum!
Then we went to My Sister's closet (a consignment clothing store) and then met up with Nathan at Fashion Square. After some shopping at LUSH and some time playing with toys in the Microsoft store, all 4 of us went out to eat at Modern Steak, a brand new restaurant that just opened in the fall. It was SOOO good! The boys split a 12 0z. steak and my mom and I split salad and some parmesan/white truffle french fries.

(8 pm) We sat out on the patio. My mom and I loved the decor! It reminded us of Alice in Wonderland!

(8:30 pm) Here are Lars and Nathan, patiently (or not-so-patiently) awaiting their steak . My brother rated it the #3 best steak he has ever had, behind #1 which was Ruth's Chris Steak House and #2 which was a steak he and his friend made. My brother LOVES steak so that is pretty high rating in his book.SUNDAY

Today was the saddest day, because they had to leave! We had time to go to Target though, and to go on a wild goose hunt to find a Rubio's (another restaurant they don't have in Washington).

(2:30 pm) Here they are about to leave, next to "Short Butt", their rental car, so named because of it's extremely short tail end (it was a Hyundai Accent 2010).


I'm not gonna lie, it was realllly hard to see them go, but I am comforted by the fact that I will see them again in about 2 months. I'm glad they got to come and stay with me and see where I live, go to school and hang out every day! It means the world to me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooo glad that we could spend time together. It means the world to me too! I also wanted to tell you that I love the picture of you and Lars. Keelan did such a good job and of course,you two were great models!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! Yeah, Keelan is quite the photographer! I love those pictures too...cant believe they were taken 2 years ago!

    ReplyDelete