My trip has been pretty amazing so far. I have been seeing old friends pretty much nonstop. Yesterday I went to Seattle with my friend Erin, who I have been friends with since I was about 12. We met up with our friend Shannon downtown for lunch & shopping. I love seeing the Seatte skyline, it's such a comforting and nostalgic sight for me:
The day before we also visited her apartment in Tacoma and stopped for a tasty treat at Frisko Freeze:
And today I got the privilege of going to church at LifeWay, which was my childhood church growing up. I saw my friend Shelby there. We have been friends since we were 8 or 9 years old. Afterwards there was a baptism at Dash Pointbeach, so we went straight there after service. Our friend Juliet's sweet baby Josiah was there. Here he is wth Shelby, playing with her car keys and eventually dropping them in the sand (haha):
The little girl being baptized was a 10-year-old girl named Lexi, who I have known since she was a 6-month-old baby. My family actually considered adopting her at one point, so she was over at our house all the time, but my parents eventually decided that they couldn't handle another child at the time. Still, this little girl is very close to my heart (an almost-sister if you will) and so it was great to see her get baptized today and commit her life to the Lord forever. Here she is with Billy Arnold, the lead pastor.
I've had a great trip so far. And I have gotten quite good at knitting. Here is my mom and I's stash of yarn, mostly made up of free yarn that she gets from her work at a yarn supplier, which I call the "Rainbow Factory":
I finished my second project, which is a phone cozy. Now I am working on a hat for Lars. I really miss him :) I will see him on Thursday, so until then I am enjoying my limited time in my hometown of Federal Way!I'll leave you with a picture of the wonderful little lion, Cato:
Wow Lindsay Girl! that was quite an interesting diary of your trip! it even caught me up on some places, people, and times i remember. so glad you're having a great time w/your fam. loved the blog and would love to share a tasty treat at frisko freeze with you! I love you my sweet knitter girl. mammaw.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mammaw! Glad I could catch you up on things! :) I love you.
ReplyDelete