7.13.2010

New job + Creativity

Yesterday I started my new job at the Teacher Resource Library on-campus. It's only a 5-minute walk over there, and the job is exactly my cup of tea: organizing children's literature and reading a few books here & there as I go :) The library isn't open for customers right now since it's summer and all, but come August I will be giving tours of the library for class groups that come in, and checking out camera equipment for those who need it. It's a great job and I feel so blessed to have it! It's going to prepare me really well for teaching and since most of the teacher clubs and honor societies meet in our study area, I will probably end up joining a lot of those clubs!

I have discovered that I am a
creative person. I guess I always have been, but lately I have this unquenchable need to do creative things. They make me feel more alive. They are great way of preventing boredom & I feel like I am doing something productive rather than just watching TV all day. I went through a cooking phase for a long time, and currently I am in the thick of a knitting phase. Here's a hat I recently knitted for Lars:



Next on my creative hobby to-do list (in no particular order):
*Drawing (with some really good markers and quality paper)
*Pottery
*Sewing
*Cake/cupcake decorating

I have been b
rowsing on Etsy lately, and I really love seeing some of the creative work that other people are doing in the world. Here are a few of my favorites:






Lace Bag by tortillagirl













Set of 3 Micro Tiles by elementcaystudio












Cute drawing by
ashley g.









Baby Skull Necklace by Michelle Chang Jewelry


















Inspiring photography by urbandesign












Penelope the Empathetic Monster knitting pattern by dangercraft









So....what are YOUR latest obsessions?

2 comments: